Saturday, May 07, 2005

An easy long run

Well it was supposed to be easy anyway. It was my first run in three weeks and I needed to get in a lomg one so I can be in a position to do the Williamstown half without risking injury.

I confess to feeling a little concerned about how I would go so I figured I would start slowly and set out for a 14-16k run along Beach Rd. Aafter 5mins I was feeling great and amazed at how easy it felt to run without any shin pain and my nice soft new runners.

I was still feeling good at the 7k turnaround point so I pressed on to the Greens Park bubbler (8k turnaround point). My heart rate at the half way may point was 168bpm. About 2/3rds of he way home I started to tire so I slowed down a little more and just jogged the rest. I guess it was a unremarkable run - not many runners said hello and nothing unusual happened. All the same, it was great to get back out running (with my new eyes) and I am feeling much more relaxed about being able to complete the Sri Chinmoy Williamstown half on the 22nd. Oh yeah, I wore my CR hat and CR singlet and I didn't get one "Hey coolrunner!" :(... I suppose that was remarkable..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home