Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Autumn by the Yarra river

It was sooo beautiful out along the yarra at midday today! The air was crisp the sun was shining, the light was mostly soft greens, orange and yellows as the dappled light fought its way through the few remaining autumn leaves. The yarra was surprisingly quiet and still too.

I ran alone todY as I couldn't find a last minute running buddy and was so glad I did - I picked a nice easy pace and just enjoyed the trip.

Lots of people out running and walking but didn't see any cool runners. Just a few runs left until the Williamstown half. I'm a bit under-prepared but I am happy just to be in a position to run it as I havent run this one before and I lurve those pancakes at the end or Sri Chinmoy runs!

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You paint a lovely scene, Wobbly, of the Yarra & Autumn; same here...it's the most beautiful time of year for colour; wonderful to be out running & alone, which I prefer anyhow.

I'll be looking forward to your review of the Williamstown half; enjoy it & the pancakes especially!

I hope we 'girls' didn't embarrass you too much!! It's not your fault that so many think you're a good looking guy! Your wife must be pleased that we think so! And I say : if you've got it, flaunt it!!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Wobbly a lovely time to run around the surrounding areas of the city, the leaves and the sunny blue skys. This morning I did Albert Park & the Tan and I too notice the very colourful ground coverage. See you at Willi.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't you glad you outted yourself? *grins* Lovely post Wobs.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Nice story....
Now where's this photo?
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home