Friday, May 27, 2005

5:30am - A non-run

The alarm was set, it went off and I was about to get out of bed when I heard the weather - windy, raining and no doubt cold. Reset the alarm clock and dozed for an hour or so.

I have now managed to construct an elaborate excuse for myself for why I didn't push myself out the door. I will now run a long one on Saturday morning as I have a boozy dinner to go to Saturday night and won't feel like running at all on Sunday. I will also be nicely "aligned" to do three runs during the working week. Oh, and I also get to rest the shins another day - they like it when the have two days off in a row.

I know its slack and I should have run but after all this great weather we have been having its going to take BIG pushes to get me out the door in the dark, cold, wind and rain for the first few times. Ah, *sigh* winter in Melbourne.....its nearly here.

I went to the optometrist for my one month post-laser surgery check-up and my eyes are now both better than 20/20. No problems at all and I just need to go back one more time in two months for a final review.

5 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

5:30am alarm & rain & wind & cold! Not for me either, Wobbly! It's getting like that here too; don't mind the cold so much as the wind like it is today. Pleased to see that your 'boozy' night isn't going to rule out your long run..Chickybabe wouldn't approve of that! The pics? 10 out of 10 with or without glasses! LL

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

That sounds like a much better plan Wobbly. Good thinking!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger miners said...

Very prudent thinking wobbly - hate those sort of conditions myself - and it appears you more than made up for it on Saturday morning regardless. Great run!

Keep me posted re: monitoring of your laser surgery - I might be considering it at some point in the future (you'll also have to change your blog photo to sans specs)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounded like the right course of action Wobbly - and your shins will thank you for it !! Enjoy your boozy Saturday night :-)

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it vacuum cleaner web site design Windows root system32 acer recovery disk dodge stealth Cheap used laptop uk Mortgage lender appraisal and nationwide Bride voyeur Can you take ambien and ultram together Cinci plastic surgeons Order propecia online dreampharmaceuticals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home