Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday run with an Owl

I got up early as I didn't think Owl would be running with her sore foot. I ran a couple of laps of the Tan at 7am - it was picture postcard beautiful - the mist was rising off the Yarra, the rowers were emerging through the mist, the sun was just coming up and I had the place virtually to myself. Two laps later I jumped into the car and went and picked up the Owl. Back to the Tan for a lap and then along the Yarra south bank to Chapel street and back along the north bank back to Swan St. I never new what great company Owls can be to run with! We ran about 10k total or roughly an hour and the time just seemed to fly. Having worked up quite an appetite we went to Joe' garage for coffee and his famous pancakes and some more great conversation.

All in all a lovely morning with a friendly and wise bird.

My shins are feeling fine and I have a new table lamp for the girl's dolls house (thanks Owl)! Although I confess when I first saw it I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head...

Note to self: When running early in the morning take a camera sometimes

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Owls are always great company! Slow runners though, so I am glad you went for a run beforehand as didn't feel so guilty about slowing you up!

I can recommend Wobbly as tour guide if you are ever in Melbourne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home