Sunday, April 03, 2005

Shin splints playing up

I have decided to take a week or two off until my shin splints get under control. Therefore no long run today and only a bit of running alongside Keeley as she grows in confidence riding her bike without her training wheels. Although I have been keeping my monthly kms fairly even at about 100-110 but I have been a bit erratic with weekly kms. Perhaps this has contributed to them flaring up this time. I hate riding my old clunky Malvern Star so maybe I will just allow my fitness to slide for a week or two and try to eat/drink a bit less to make sure that I don't get any more wobbly bits than I already have!

Prevention strategy going forward - a new set of runners from the Brooks outlet at Airport West. My Glycerine 2's have done 630kms and the Adrenalines have 723kms. I also intend to adopt a more disciplined (ooh, I love that word) stretch and exercise program to help prevent any recurrance. I have been dealing with shin splints for about a year now and I want to run more frequently that I currently am (mostly every second day). Besides its boring and painful!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sorry to hear you're still having injury problems. What is it with CRs and shins at the moment?
At least you're in good company!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home