Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Second speed session

Well, its conclusive - I was born without any pacing genes! Not that I was seriously expecting to be much better the second time.... I really have to make a consious effort to slow down my first 800. Somebody (maybe it was Greybeard) said 4 x 800's should be enough for now and having no idea about it myself I have taken their word as gospel. My 800's were: 3:21, 3:36, 3:33,3:39, each with about a 300m walk break (or 3:00 mins)in between.

I can see the value in them already - just getting comfy running at speed seems to take time - it was only the last one where I realised I had run half of it without thinking about my form.

Shin pain (mild)- rest day tomorrow anyway

Note to self: Don't ever believe again that people in cars who are approaching a stop sign are actually going to stop.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Wobbly...

Regarding the following comments on my blog:
"Was looking at your blog to see how far you are running - but it sounds like I wont be able to keep up anyway... :(" Ha ha very funny!

Lamp is packed and ready to throw. Looking forward to Sunday run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home