Saturday, April 23, 2005

Post laser surgery

I can see! Better than 20/20 in one eye and 20/20 in the other!! It is hard to describe how my new eyes are. Peripheral vision is A1 and the stars at night are simply awesome. I cant wait to head up to the country at night to look at the stars in all their splendour (without city light).

The first optometrist I saw this morning is a runner and she said it would be okay to run with sunnies (to stop bugs and bright light) and a hat (to prevent sweat getting into my eye). All the same I will wait a few days before going out for a slow/easy 6km lap around home.

I have felt no adverse effects *taps head* (touching wood)at this point and so far the only difficult thing is putting 3 drops in my eye 3 times a day for a week. .

Went for a 7km bike ride today.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking good (excuse the pun!). Regarding sweat in eyes...I think it's about time sweatbands made a comeback. You could be at the cutting edge of new running fashion.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm so glad for you Wobbly. Must be wonderful to see those gorgeous girls of yours up close without the glasses.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wobbly, I didn't know that you had a blog!! Am I the only one left in the dark? Are you on the CR blogging list? What have I been missing?

And gosh! What a handsome, dashing Wobbler you are too! Great pic. Now I'll have to make a screensaver of you as well as the one I will do of StuMac!

I've been thinking of doing a run in Melbourne sometime....must have a look at dates for the marathon, etc. I really like Melbourne a lot; had a great time there in 2002 for the World Masters Games.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.. & hope the eye surgery continues to go well; please do what your doc. orders about running, etc. LL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home