Monday, April 11, 2005

Frist run in 8 days..

Well, the shin splints are gone (for now) and I ran today in my new Brooks Dyads. Man new shoes are like running on little pillows - clearly my old ones were past there best. I have resolved to always have a pair of runners with less than 450kms on them.

The run today was great - it was an easy 4kms to the Punt Rd bridge (along the Yarra) under Melbourne's magnificent autumnal elms and then 4kms back to the office. I didn't check the time until the end and only started to increase my pace a little in the last third.

My shins feel good and I will ease my way back into running over the next week while I am doing these strengthening exercises. Fingers crossed this is the end of shin splints for me - although I doubt it somehow... Anyway its great to be out there running again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home