Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Holly dog run

Good Friday I decided to give our 13 month old lab a work-out. We have been sowly building up from 500m run/walks a couple of times a week to a 4 km slow jog once week. I decided to take her on my 6km loop to see how she went. What a girl - she was out in front (on the lead) for about 3.5 kms and then by my side for about 2 kms and then about a couple of ft behind me for the rest.

She just loves to run she doesnt pull on the lead and doesnt get excited when seeing other dogs like she does when we are out for walks - as soon as I put my running gear on she gets all excited I guess hoping she will be coming out with me. Following Wednesday's speed work we went quite slow and were about 2-3 mins off my usual pace. Note to self: Take Holly the wonder pup out for more runs. When she doesn't come out with me I always cool down with her and she lays on my feet when I take my runners off. Just another of the wonderful girls I share home with...

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Aki said...

I've got a dog who I took for a walk not so long ago, he dropped every 500 meters or so and refused to move until I dragged him up again.

With the speedwork why not try some fartlek, generally it's my favourite way to run and you can sort of apply that pony tail effect with it.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mr DirtBagger said...

I don't run, but take my Chesapeake with me on the mountain bike. She's so funny. She can't wait to go, then can't wait to go back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home