Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Easter Sunday and Monday

I teamed up with Grey beard for a long run. We decided to run to Brighton Bathes and return. I think its 20.5 but he thinks its more like 22kms. Either way it was long (2hrs 6mins) but it was much better running with someone and talking instead of allowing my mind to explore the varous aches and pains that inevitable come and go on a long run. The last bit (where I do my speed work) he took the pace up and I struggled to keep up - it was a good measure of my strength (or lack there of).

Easter Monday (instead of having a day off) I went to the CR run at Cardinia Dam that courtlylove organised. I ran 40 mins and although I felt leg weary it was a really pleasant run through bush and across the dam wall. Again it was great running with new people (pbig, grey beard, courtleylove and kathyp). I think there may be a momentum starting to try and get other CR's running together more often which is great. I think I learnt how to run down hill today!! (yes, I know I am a very slow learner)

After running the last 3 weeks every second day and keeping my shin splints under control they have flared up again mainly due to the two days consecutive running. Note to self: ignore others and manage the shin splints first. With luck I will be able to run Thursday night or Friday morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home